Tuesday, March 29, 2011

what you didn't know

This post was inspired by Gobbie; I was on her facebook page and saw a similar list in her "notes."

1. I was born in Salt Lake City, UT (technically Murray, since that’s where the hospital was) and grew up in Holladay, although I still feel like I’m growing up.

2. I never thought of myself as one who would become “Suzy Homemaker” or a good stay-at-home-mom, but one day it just happened and I love almost every minute of it.

3. My baby girl, Clara, was named after my Great Grandma Clara. She was the greatest lady- I hope I can one day be like her, and Clara too!

4. I cry at the drop of a hat. A cheesy song on the radio, tender-hearted commercials, Disney movies, you name it- I’ll cry at it.

5. I was afraid that when Max was born I would lose my pal, Clara. Now I have two best pals!

6. I took Drivers’ Ed from the same guy who taught that class to my mom.

7. I absolutely LOVE my husband! He makes me crazy and makes me laugh; I can’t imagine life without him.

8. I am addicted to popcorn. Not kettle corn or the microwave stuff, though. It has to be air-popped with just the right amount of butter and salt. The only time I have ever not had it salted was one night at a friend’s at SUU when he thought he could make it better than me. He even took the time to melt the butter on the stove! It was delicious!

9. I was born to be outside. I love (almost worship) the sun, enjoy camping and canoeing, and love fishing (even though I only do it once or twice a year while we’re in Montana!)

10. I decided to name Max “Maxwell” because anything else was too long and I loved the name “Max.” I got the idea from my friend at the U who had a cute nephew named Maxwell- and that was the end of searching for us! Adam and I did, however, argue over middle names…you can guess who won ;)

11. I am glad I am the oldest child because through breaking in my parents I was able to learn a lot about myself (along with paving the way for my cute sisters).

12. My favorite tradition is fishing on the lake with Lindsey and Kaity- and with my dad at the motor.

13. I have the best support system anyone can ask for. My grandparents (especially Bonnie and Larry) are the reason I have my degree!

14. Christmas is always a marathon, but Mexican food at Gobbie’s and Breakfast (yes, with a capital “B”) with Bonnie and Larry are two things that I hope never change.

15. I love going to the cabin for the 4th of July. It is absolute mayhem, but it’s fun having everyone in the same place at the same time.

16. Max is super funny to watch, even when he’s not trying to be funny. And Clara, WOW! She is something else…smart, funny, beautiful. She is everything I wish I could be.

17. I love, love, LOVE to read. It is my little escape from reality. My most favorite author ever is Charles Dickens. I get pulled into whatever story I am reading, and literally dream of being there at night. That’s why I read right before I go to sleep!

18. I used to love watching scary movies, but the Halloween I was at SUU I think I overdid it, because the Texas Chainsaw Massacre is officially the last scary movie I will ever see! I get nightmares…

19. I was afraid of deep water until I was sixteen. I didn’t waterski, wakeboard, etc until later in my teen years because of it. I was even afraid of the tile dolphins on the bottom of Grandma Clara’s pool. Even now I get a little nervous, and will always prefer lakes over the ocean.

20. I am glad that I have so many sisters, because without them I’d basically be friendless.

21. I am loud. It is one thing I constantly try to change about myself, but haven’t had much luck so far.

22. I can handle lot more stress than the average person. In fact, I work best under a ton of pressure and a hectic schedule. When my life is quiet I get stir crazy and emotional.

23. I absolutely love the mountains. There’s nothing better than to sit in the woods by a stream and read.

24. I like listening to my music really (even ridiculously) loud. I am one of those people you laugh at as you drive by because I am absolutely jamming out to classic country with all my car windows rolled down.

25. My music degree was the best thing I ever did for myself. I could have picked a more lucrative degree, but I got to study with a lot of great people, and teaching and playing give me a sense of fulfillment few other things can.

No comments:

Post a Comment